We would like to thank you for thinking about us for your kayaking adventure! We are currently closed for the 2022 kayaking season. Follow us on our Facebook page @ Better Together Floats for updates.
Have a wonderful summer!
Better Together Floats LLC is a kayak and tube rental and livery service offered on the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo river. We are looking forward to showing people another side of Battle Creek that they did not know existed.
Being Battle Creek natives we wanted to bring fun activities to our city and see it grow to the potential we know it has.
Let’s be Better Togethe!
Better Together Floats LLC is to be enjoyed by all expertise level however, before being able to enjoy the best of the best the following should be adhered as well as the waiver must be sign.(you can find the waiver in the drop box at the top of the page.)
1. Use common sense and abide by all safety rules throughout your time on the water.
2. Always adhere to boating and safety rules that apply to the area where you are paddling.
3. Don’t consume alcohol or drugs during the kayaking or tube trip.
4. Don’t go on a paddling trip after drinking alcohol or using drugs (whether
prescription or non-prescription).
5. Always wear your life jacket when on water and don’t take it off simply because
you feel uncomfortable paddling with it on. Wearing your lifejacket will help keep your head above water and add insulation to your body, keeping you warmer in cold water.
6. Always wear clothing that is ideal for your kayaking climate. While a sit-inside kayak can shield you from the elements, a sit-on-top kayak will leave you exposed. So dress for the day and give yourself the necessary protection.
7. Cold water is one of the biggest kayaking hazards because immersion in very cold water can result in hypothermia. So if you are kayaking in cold water, you need to be conservative with your decisions.
8. If you want everyone to remain safe throughout the trip, you’ll need to instill good habits in your children beforehand. Start by talking to your kids about water safety, safety devices and safety rules. For example, make sure that all kids understand they have to wear their personal flotation devices.